How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by various means, including:
• Directly from you
• Through our websites, mobile apps, and other connected devices and digital means
• In-person, including or via our promotional events, sweepstakes, and contests
• By combining information from different sources, including online and offline data
• From our vendors and business partners
• From other sources and platforms that you may use to engage with Yasso.
Types of Information We Collect
The types of information we may collect include:
• Your contact information, such as name, birthday, postal or email address, and phone number
• Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
• Demographic information, such as your age, gender, or household income
• Shopping behavior or preferences
• Billing and shipping information
• Username and password for the account you may establish on a Yasso website
• Content you provide (such as photographs, articles, and comments)
• Content you make available through social media accounts (e.g., when you sign in using social media plug-ins)
• Information you choose to provide in connection with an application for employment
• Device-specific information (such as unique device identifiers and mobile network information including phone number)
• Personal information stored locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our websites, mobile apps, social media presence, and Internet-enabled services and platforms by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. We and our service providers and business partners may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites.
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
• URLs that refer visitors to our websites
• IP addresses and other details of devices you use to connect with Yasso, including via our websites or other connected devices and services
• Search terms used to reach our online content
• Details about your interaction with our websites, mobile apps, social media platforms, or other connected devices and services (such as the date, time, and length of visits; specific pages accessed during the visits; and the frequency of the visits)
• Interaction and viewing of advertisements and content
• Geo-location data
• Transaction information including items purchased and date and time of your transaction.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to improve and develop new goods and services, and to enhance our customers’ experience when visiting our websites, mobile apps, social media, and connected devices, services, and platforms. Examples include:
• Responding to your requests, questions and comments, and providing customer support
• Facilitating your engagement with us via connected devices and services
• Tailoring the content we display to you in our communications, including advertising, and offering products and services that we believe may be of interest to you
• Operating, evaluating, and improving our business, our websites and mobile apps, and other products and services we offer (including developing new products and services)
• Establishing and maintaining any account you create on our websites or mobile apps
• Fulfilling, managing, and sending you information about your orders, including processing payments
• Offering and administering promotions, sweepstakes, and contests
• Conducting market research
• Analyzing and enhancing our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
• Providing personally relevant product features, such as tailored search results and advertising
• Generating anonymized data for further data analytics
• Accepting and evaluating employment applications
• Enforcing our contractual rights
• Complying with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies.
You may see Yasso advertising on various websites, web pages, social media, and other platforms. Please note that the nature of Internet media buys is such that we are not always able to have full information about the platforms on which our advertising may run. These platforms in some cases may not be aligned with our values as a company. If you believe that our advertising is displayed on platforms that promote inappropriate or offensive content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may serve advertisements and allow third parties to serve advertisements through our websites and mobile apps. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third-party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors, and research firms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these ad networks and other parties. Advertisements served through our website and mobile apps may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, which may be inferred from information you provide to us, based on your website or mobile app usage patterns, or based on your activity on other website or online services. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative. Please note that if you choose to opt out, you may continue to see ads on our Site or from us on third-party sites, but they will not be based on how you browse and shop.
How We Share Your Information
• Customer service and support
• Payment processing and order fulfillment
• Product and service development
• Surveys and market research
• Advertising, promotion, and marketing
• Data analytics
• Support of our business operations.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we will continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as order confirmations or information about changes in our website terms.
Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites and mobile apps may not function correctly.
You may stop sharing your location data by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instruction on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Access and Correction
You may (a) request access to the information we maintain about you, and the details about our processing of that data, (b) request that we update or correct your information, or (c) request that we delete the information we maintain about you. You may make a request by contacting us at email@example.com.
In some circumstances, including where we are specifically permitted to do so by applicable law or your request is inconsistent with our legal obligations or our policies, we may choose not to comply with your request or provide a partial response. If this is the case, we will notify you of our decision.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13 on our websites or mobile apps. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us through our websites or mobile apps, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
We may provide links to other websites, services, and applications, such as Facebook, that are not operated or controlled by Yasso (the “Third-Party Services”). These Third-Party Services also may include an activity feed, social media buttons, and widgets, such as the Facebook “Like” button or the “Share This” button.
How We Protect Information
We use industry standard physical, technical, and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal information or other data arising in connection with theft of the information or other malicious actions.
It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.