Head of Marketinghttps://yasso.com/wp-content/themes/yassotheme/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 https://yasso.com/wp-content/themes/yassotheme/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Company: Yasso Inc.
Location: Quincy, MA
Industry: Consumer Packaged Goods (Food)
The Head of Marketing will lead, create and own the overall marketing objectives, including the organizing concept that brings critical elements of the marketing plan together. You will manage the creative, communication and the performance marketing team to drive brand building and engaging storytelling across the marketing mix while partnering with our sales teams to drive key brand objectives. You will report directly into the Co-Founder/Co-CEO.
You will pull in ideas from the full team — leveraging key teammates and external agencies for their subject matter expertise – to organize, maintain and provide leadership around the full marketing calendar and marketing “tent poles” to deliver on our key goals and objectives – both short term and long term. You will be responsible for driving synergies and thematic arcs through appropriate and relevant channels to create an integrated marketing plan. Your overall goal will be to drive household penetration and brand awareness amongst our core consumer as well as clear recognition and articulation of Yasso’s value proposition.
Yasso’s Head of Marketing will focus primarily on the following elements of our brand marketing function:
Strategy: The Head of Marketing will support the strategic thinking and planning regarding offensive and defensive marketing plans as needed. You will evaluate and negotiate strategic “power partnership” programs that fit our mission and overall philosophy to drive our brand awareness and penetration with a strong understanding of future success. In addition to strategic thinking and planning, you will oversee development of brand creative, managing external agencies and internal associates.
Shopper Marketing & Sales Support: Working alongside the Yasso sales team, you will be responsible for activating our brand with key retail partners, both within physical retail stores, (e.g. Wal-Mart, Publix, Kroger, etc.), club customers (Costco, BJ’s, etc.) and a growing presence online (Peapod, Instacart, MyWebGrocer, Amazon Fresh, etc).
You will partner with our sales organization to analyze retail shopper marketing platforms and programs to determine if they are a good fit for Yasso and to create POS and other needed creative assets. You will also work with sales to evaluate trade marketing program performance to determine if they met action standard and to determine if they should be repeated, or not, moving forward.
Digital, Communication and Social Media: You will manage our strategies and execution pertaining to influencer outreach, digital media advertising, PR, social media communities and Yasso’s earned media strategy with a key objective of driving brand awareness and efficient new customer trial. Part of this responsibility will be to manage the internal team to own, plan and oversee the execution of a wide range of marketing and/or press events. You will also continue to drive to deliver our thought leadership in business media/press and our participation in critical, high-visibility conferences.
Sampling: Yasso has a long-standing sampling program to drive trial among both new and existing customers. You will manage the sampling strategy as it evolves from a regional program to a national platform that includes our non-profit Game On! Foundation.
Innovation: You will partner with our product development team to lead and execute critical research to determine and share consumer insights that drive our innovation funnel, including health and wellness, and flavor/ingredient trends. You will work across R&D, sales, creative, and performance marketing to build new product launch plans. You may also determine a key campaign “tent pole” and work with R&D to deliver relevant seasonal or line extension innovation to support a big idea.
Lastly, you should be a self-motivator with lots of enthusiasm and ability to work on high visibility projects under tight deadlines with strong project management capability. You will work across the organization and bring multi-departmental teams together to drive world-class initiatives that will elevate and build the Yasso brand.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Drive brand building and brand development initiatives
- Collaborate across the organization with sales, creative, performance marketing, social, and R&D to create the overall marketing strategy and monthly marketing/content calendar
- Assess and determine communication, production, and testing plans for long-lead, higher risk marketing channels including campaign strategy
- Oversee the full marketing budget/plan
- Oversee the communications strategy
- Oversee the shopper marketing strategy
- Uncover key consumer insights, research and wellness/ingredient trend reporting
- Support R&D innovation funnel
- Lead new product launch and defense marketing planning
- Drive and negotiate key brand-to-brand partnerships
- Be a part of a hard working but fun start-up culture with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to drive the Yasso brand
- BA required, MBA is a plus
- 10+ years of brand management and brand development experience including new product development
- 5+ years of experience in a start-up or small to mid-size brand
- Robust understanding of performance marketing channels
- Experience with media buying and traditional media campaign production and execution
- Food experience is a plus
- Excellent people skills to quickly communicate ideas
- Ability and openness to partner with sales, creative team/ agencies, and performance marketing team to build the brand while delivering on critical company goals/ metrics
- Creative, idea leadership, and desire to pioneer (comfortable with ambiguity and “finding a way”)
- Highly analytical
- Positive, self-motivated, growth mindset with high EQ
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong negotiation, oral and written communication skills
Kindergarten friends turned entrepreneurs, founders Drew Harrington and Amanda Klane set out on a mission to create desserts that deliver on everyday indulgence with great taste, quality ingredients and superb nutritionals. Since hitting store shelves in 2011 as the first to market frozen Greek yogurt, Yasso quickly became one of the fastest-growing dessert brands in the world, disrupting the brand ranks of deeply entrenched competitors and attracting a loyal following of brand enthusiasts. Yasso currently offers 16 flavors of stick bars and 8 brand new pints, all of which can be found at major grocery and club stores nationwide, and is an active, positive contributor to the community via its Game On! Foundation.
Full time | Quincy, MA
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing all operational activities and costs associated with the company’s supply chain; including raw material purchasing, co-manufacturing relationships, inventory management, warehousing, and logistics.