Director of Category Developmenthttps://yasso.com/wp-content/themes/yassotheme/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 https://yasso.com/wp-content/themes/yassotheme/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Company: Yasso Inc.
Location: Quincy, MA
Industry: Consumer Packaged Goods (Food)
The Director of Category Development will lead, develop and create category strategy, projects, stories and insights for the sales team and retailers. They will manage all insights for category, consumer, shopper and customer, with the use of both internal and external data systems. This role will report to the VP Sales and will collaborate closely with both the sales and marketing team.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Position Yasso as the leading better-for-you brand by providing category insights and newly developed best in class category management processes to be leveraged across all key channels of distribution
- Responsible for using category and shopper insights to determine selling opportunities for both Yasso and the novelty and ice cream category
- Through the analysis of syndicated data, support the strategic selling initiatives and develop selling stories that meet category and retailer specific needs
- Employ category management tools and business processes to develop customized solutions for distribution space, assortment, and planogram recommendations
- Create and present account specific category reviews providing unbiased analysis, interpretation and recommendations for improving category performance
- Craft robust fact based selling stories utilizing IRI consumption information, retailer specific POS data, panel data, shopper-card data, and other research.
- Articulate category trends and understand the performance of all Yasso accounts
Reporting and Analytics
- Responsible for ensuring on-time and accurate analysis is completed for the sales team using SPINs and customer POS data
- Develop tools for the sales team including monthly reports to help measure the business
- Develop and monitor business scorecards (define clear account penetration, sales, share, and trade goals)
- Expert knowledge of category and competition and report out monthly
- 5-10 years of Category Management experience in the food/beverage industry • Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of IRI, Nielsen, panel data and loyalty card data
- Exceptional organizational, communication and time management skills
- Extremely strong analytical skills • Must be able to establish and maintain strong internal and external working relationships
- Familiarity with Top Retailers category process including Kroger, Target, Albertsons, Safeway
Kindergarten friends turned entrepreneurs, founders Drew Harrington and Amanda Klane set out on a mission to create desserts that deliver on everyday indulgence with great taste, quality ingredients and superb nutritionals. Since hitting store shelves in 2011 as the first to market frozen Greek yogurt, Yasso quickly became one of the fastest-growing dessert brands in the world, disrupting the brand ranks of deeply entrenched competitors and attracting a loyal following of brand enthusiasts. Yasso currently offers 16 flavors of stick bars and 8 brand new pints, all of which can be found at major grocery and club stores nationwide, and is an active, positive contributor to the community via its Game On! Foundation.