Director of Business and Category Developmenthttps://yasso.com/wp-content/themes/yassotheme/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 https://yasso.com/wp-content/themes/yassotheme/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Company: Yasso Inc.
Location: Quincy, MA
Industry: Consumer Packaged Goods (Food)
In this role of a Director of Business and Category Development at Yasso, Inc., you will be part of our success by driving the following:
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Identify business insights with category, consumer, shopper, market and customer information. Working with customer interface systems (portals) and Spins information to offer monthly sales/share and insight reviews. *measuring key events
- Setting direction across the region to drive standardization of process, communication, and content
- As a trusted business development director, you will provide objective category reviews that strive to achieve mutually beneficial sales, market share goals, category insight on trends, and 4 P recommendations (attend large customer calls as needed)
- Work with Marketing team to identify and develop strategic opportunities and tactics that best promote Yasso products
Category Project Management:
- Develop specific initiatives designed to deliver category growth. You will present projects around product, price, promotion and placement.
- Drive strategy for placement consistency across the country
- Develop our category story
Business Trade Management:
- Focusing on projects on initiatives that deliver upon financial commitments
- Measure trade promotions and review performance vs. plan
- Monitor trade efficiency, tracking, and impact to P&L.
- Develop and lead the planning process with trade, slotting and customer specific promotions.
- Work with Sales to lead the MDR process to ensure demand forecast is accurate to deliver on trade goals
Business Direction Alignment and Tracking:
- Working with the VP of sales to implement direction to ensure priorities and results are understood and being delivered against.
- Take lead on projects, strategy and analytics from conception through execution by influencing and collaborating across cross functional teams.
- Working across all business units: Serving as a “jack of all trades” with a high level of expertise across all internal functions and customers.
- Organizing and leading project management work, identifying all deliverables and holding functions accountable to deliver their commitments in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication and informal influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong reporting skills to pull data and analyze
- Ability to deliver against short term urgent needs while balancing long term deliverables
- Strong financial acumen; experience working with and understanding a P & L
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- Cross functional experience with Sales, Finance, Category Management and/or Customer Marketing
- Extensive years of experience within the food industry
Yasso was founded by childhood friends, Drew Harrington and Amanda Klane. Millennials with a passion for making desserts that are both delicious and healthier, the duo has formed a team that has created a national brand with distribution in all 50 states and a loyal consumer following. Yasso is committed to providing their consumers with ‘Dessert with Benefits’ and giving back to communities in which they are involved. This mission results in a fun, energetic, fast-paced environment to work in. For more information, please visit www.yasso.com