Company: Yasso Inc.
Location: Boulder, CO
Industry: Consumer Packaged Goods (Food)
The Community Management Intern will assist with the day-to-day responsibilities and needs for the brand’s Marketing team and will guide the voice and outreach strategy for the organization. The individual will play an integral role in building brand awareness, community engagement and product adoption through social media and owned channels.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Community Management Intern will work closely with the Senior Digital Manager and integrated Marketing team on various projects and programs. Essential responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Lead in the community management for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and customer service portals, includes monitoring online conversation, responding to brand/product inquiries and driving engagement with social community
- Manage consumer engagements across social channels and owned properties. Responding and addressing to consumer inquiries in a timely manner. Align communication plan with cross-functional teams as needed
- Contribute to social media calendar creation and sharing/scheduling content
- Create and ensure a positive experience between consumers and brand
- Research and monitor industry and competitor news and trends, flagging relevant opportunities for the brand
- Compile monthly reports for Senior Digital Manager, R&D and Operations teams sharing top issues reported
- Draft content to create a unified and consistent brand voice. Provide perspective on unique opportunities brand can unlock with messaging and tonality
- Assist with product launches as needed, contributing to brainstorms, conducting assigned research, developing brand audits, etc.
- Help in execution of consumer sampling events, including planning needs for annual multi-market mobile tour
- Work with fulfillment vendor to manage media product samples and swag mailers
- Perform cross-departmental tasks as needed
- Current student obtaining a degree in Marketing, Management, Communications or related field
- Ability to work 15-20 hours a week at the Boulder office. Remote work is not available for this position. Computer and necessary equipment will be provided
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – both internal and consumer facing
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to drive community management/building communities through social media from a deep understanding of platform tactics
- Ability and willingness to learn and take direction from the Marketing team and departments that collaborate on any given project. Willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Positive attitude and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adhere to timelines and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Determination to achieve, succeed and progress
- Proficiency in social media analytics, Sprout Social, Iconosquare, Klaviyo, Meltwater, or other similar tools a plus
Kindergarten friends turned entrepreneurs, founders Drew Harrington and Amanda Klane set out on a mission to create desserts that deliver on everyday indulgence with great taste, quality ingredients and superb nutritionals. Since hitting store shelves in 2011 as the first to market frozen Greek yogurt, Yasso quickly became one of the fastest-growing dessert brands in the world, disrupting the brand ranks of deeply entrenched competitors and attracting a loyal following of brand enthusiasts. Yasso can be found at major grocery and club stores nationwide, and is an active, positive contributor to the community via its Game On! Foundation. Be sure to join the community and follow @yasso.